Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Shields Steps Down at Berkley.

Written Tuesday November 7th at 6:25 PM

The Berkley Bears will have a new football coach next fall.

Coach Sean Shields has stepped down coaching the program after six seasons. He went 18-32 at Berkley and led the Bears to two postseason berths in 2019 and 2020 but they went 0-9 this season.

It was confirmed by "Inside the OAA." 

"It is with a very heavy heart that I announce after six seasons of hard work, loyalty, and love I've been asked to step down as the head coach of the Berkley high school football program. For the boys that are still in the program I can't wait to see the great things that you do. I'm sorry that we weren't able to complete your high school journey together. I know that your in great hands with Coach Horn and he's going to make sure you guys have the best experience possible in your high school careers. For all of my former players and families I want to thank you all so much for allowing me to be a part of your and your children's lives. I will always be grateful for the memories we've built and all the time that we've shared, you've meant so much to me and my family over these years. I love these young men and women you have all become after high school. Again thank you, I love every single one of my former players. I will always be your guy's coach even if I'm not coaching you anymore. So for one last time, Bears on three, Family on six, one, two, three Bears, four, five, six family. I truly love you all" Shields posted on X.

Shields did a ton of good leading the program and he went 4-3 against arch rival Royal Oak. He also has one of the Bears best wins when they went into Livonia Clarenceville and stunned them which was a huge win at the time in 2019.

It will be very interesting to see who leads the Bears next season. 

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.


Here is the tweet.

https://twitter.com/BerkleyBearsFB/status/1721896766831014390

No comments:

Post a Comment

Way too Early NOT OFFICIAL Basketball Rankings.

Written Tuesday October 22nd at 3:20 PM These are NOT the official top ten basketball rankings. These are the rankings that I've heard o...