Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Hynes leaves his mark at Troy.

Written Tuesday June 11th at 10:00 AM

Shayne Hynes made an impact at Troy.

Hynes made it official on the Troy X page that he won't be returning as building Athletic Director. Hynes was at Troy for five years.

It's unknown what led Hynes to step down.

"Unfortunately I won't be returning to Troy High next school year. As much as this pains me to relay this message, I have a different opportunity to impact a community and student body. In a very non traditional role, I became the AD at Troy for five years as a 22 year old, commonly mistaken as a student in the hallways if you knew me six years ago, I was someone who didn't think it was possible to love and have more pride in something then I did in Clarkston. Fast forward to today, I can reflect on my old mindset and tell myself how wrong I was. I have more pride in Troy and more love for Troy than I ever did for Clarkston or anywhere else and while I get these are just words, I hope that based on my actions, interactions, and everything else over the past five years that you saw it, not just read it. I'll go toe to toe with anyone else who said they have the best job in the world. Being able to help students grow academically, socially, spiritually, whatever it may be is something I greatly value. On top of that I get around sports everyday. However what really makes the different is the people you surround yourself with. As students, student-athletes, coaches. parents, facility, or as boosters you are the ones that made my experience at Troy so memorable and rewarding. As they say try to leave it better than you found it. I think we did that in my five years at Troy but not without the help of some key people Beth Kulp, Tim Fultcher, Remo Roncone, Mike Sumnar, Mike Young, our coaches, Mike Sime, Justin Nelson, Ruddock, Custodial, a slew of parents, and game day workers, I appreciate all of you. While you all know that I'm perhaps overly competitive and winning league titles, district championships, regional championships, and State Championships is awesome, all of that will fade away into a distant memory. But the memories that won't leave me are the daily interactions I got to have with you all whether it was in passing time, playing Euchre, in STUGO, at school functions, in the trainers room, after games, Club Dub, all of it. I hope that I made your high school athletic experience memorable and valuable and in turn you all have made mine just as that too. Love you all, We Are." Hynes tweeted out on X.

Hynes made an impact at every Troy game. He was there for his kids. His impact at Colts athletic events will be missed that is for sure.

Hynes will be back somewhere and his impact will be just as great as it was in Troy.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.


Hynes statement.

https://x.com/Troy__Athletics/status/1800330899155743052/photo/3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Ten Summer Basketball Rankings from who I Seen.

Written Saturday June 29th at 10:30 PM Top Ten OAA Teams. These are NOT The Top 10 official rankings that comes in November, these are the r...