Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Simpson Leaves Legacy at North Farmington.

Written Wednesday April 19th at 1:30 PM

There will be a new coach at North Farmington for Girls Basketball next winter.

Raiders coach Jeff Simpson stepped down on Wednesday after 29 years with the program and nine as the varsity coach.

"After many long hours of deliberation, I am resigning from my position as Varsity Girls Head Basketball Coach at North Farmington. I have spent 29 years in this program, nine as the Varsity coach. I have enjoyed my time in this program but I feel it is in my best interest to step down at this time. This spring (softball assistant coach) is my 77th coaching season for Farmington Public Schools (both middle and high school sports.) I feel it's time for someone new to come in and lead the Raiders. Next year will be my final teaching year and I'm getting ready for the next set of adventures. Thank you to all my coaches I have worked with and coached against and to all of my former players, thank you for giving me your time and energy, always and forever. Go Raiders" Simpson said in a tweet.

North Farmington went 22-0 this past season which was the first time in school history that the girls basketball program went unbeaten. They fell to Farmington Hills Mercy in the district finals.

The Raiders have Asiyah Jihad and Hannah Hart coming back next season. Program strength will be a big concern for North Farmington going forward. The program could be in line for a major change next season.

Simpson added another tweet as well. "I have thoroughly enjoyed the run, time for the next adventure. Thanks to everyone for their support over the years especially my wife and kids. Go Raiders" he added.

Simpson did very well with the Raiders in his coaching career. He left a legacy at North Farmington. Simpson coached several very talented players including Sela Lefler and Penelope Creary and has been around proven players like Jenna Backrouge among others that has went through the North Farmington program.

It will be very interesting to see what happens next season for the Raiders but Simpson will be missed for sure.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

Here is the Tweet from Simpson.

https://twitter.com/NFGirlsBB/status/1648699574658166787

My podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYRu99kFvbs

1 comment:

Girls Soccer District Preview.

Written Sunday May 12th at 10:20 AM Here are the girls soccer district preview District 5 at Davison Lapeer vs. LAKE ORION CLARKSTON v...