Friday, April 21, 2023

Thomas Leaves Legacy at Adams.

Written Friday April 21st at 4:35 PM

This was a move that no one saw coming.

Adams Boys Basketball Coach Jaret Thomas is stepping down from the program. Thomas led the Highlanders to their first regional championship and two district crowns in his four years at Adams.

"Adams Highlanders, I have to thank you for an incredible four years and the privilege of being your boys basketball coach. Together we were able to build a championship program and we did it our way, character, hard work, choosing to do the hard things, and always putting the team first. Special Thank you to my former and current players for your effort, dedication, and commitment. I am so proud to have been your coach and forever we are bonded by our relationships and time spent together. Also I would like to thank the administration and leadership who believed in me and supported me every step of the way. Adams will hold a special place in my heart and I leave here full of gratitude and love for so many. Go Highlanders." Thomas said in a tweet on Twitter.

Thomas went 59-37 in his four years at Adams. He has rebuilt the Highlanders program especially the lower levels and that success has translated into the varsity program.

Whoever the new coach is will have Peter Kardsais, William Gee, Trenton Lagarde, Chan Yang, Gavin Farris, Luke Marcial, Jake Andrzejak, Aaron Troxell, coming back along with maybe Brady Prieskorn. 

Adams should be a force in the Red next season whether Prieskorn plays or not.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with the Highlanders this offseason.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story. I will have my thoughts on Monday's podcast.

Here is the Tweet from Thomas.

https://twitter.com/_JaretThomas/status/1649498354068475930

My Podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYRu99kFvbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girls Soccer District Preview.

Written Sunday May 12th at 10:20 AM Here are the girls soccer district preview District 5 at Davison Lapeer vs. LAKE ORION CLARKSTON v...